AFS/IBEX History - What's in a Name
AFS/IBEX was originally incorporated in Fort Worth, Texas under the name American Financial Services (AFS) in December 1986. Business commenced in March 1987 with an office in downtown Dallas, providing premium financing to the property and casualty insurance industry.
As AFS’s business grew in Texas and Louisiana, we expanded to the West Coast in 1993 and incorporated under the name IBEX Financial Services, Inc. with an office in Orange County, CA. This regional division of the company was named after the IBEX House in London, UK. As the company grew and prospered, in January 2004, a name change was enacted combining the two to become AFS/IBEX. In 2014, AFS/IBEX sold to MetaBank®, the bank subsidiary of Meta Financial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CASH). Our name is now recognized in all 50 states in which we conduct business and is now known as AFS/IBEX a division of MetaBank®, N.A.
Our offices in Dallas, Texas and Newport Beach, California still maintain full services to meet our clients’ needs. Under the direction of John F. Holsan, President, who launched the company in 1986, we continue to grow into other geographic marketplaces with satellite offices to better serve our increasing customer base.
What We Do
AFS/IBEX provides short-term collateralized financing to facilitate the purchase of property, casualty and liability insurance premiums for the commercial market. We are one of the largest premium finance companies in the U.S., originating loans for commercial businesses through a network of agency partners and brokers across the nation. As we continue to expand our suite of products and services, grounded in our aspiration to provide superior service, our flexible terms and competitive interest rates will continue to support the needs of all our partners and customers.
Products and Services
AFS/IBEX is committed to meeting and supporting our Agents/Brokers and Insured/Borrower needs by investing in the latest technology. We like to call it our “High Tech, High Touch” approach to Premium Financing while providing the level of service you deserve and expect. Our online premium finance products are user-friendly and present you 24/7 real time instant access to view account information, funding, make payments and much more.
- Monthly invoices or payment vouchers
- No hassle recurring ACH debit autopay
- 24/7 Integrated Voice Response (IVR) system with bilingual option
- IVR for phone payments, credit card payments (MasterCard, Visa)
- Website – Payments online via checking account or credit card
- AFS Anywhere mobile account access
- Premium Finance Representatives available M-F 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM CST to accept payment by phone
- Mail payment to AFS/IBEX lockbox
- Variable payment plans and down payment options to serve your Insured/Borrower needs
- Unlimited availability of premium finance options and resources
- Innovative financing solutions for challenging situations. Our professionals evaluate your Insured/Borrower’s business operation and specific needs
- Additional products available as an AFS/IBEX customer
Online Products – Insured/Borrower and Agent/Broker
- Manage accounts online at www.afsibex.com
- Connect with a Premium Finance Representative instantly via online “Live Chat” including bilingual support
- Real time loan and payment status updates including bilingual
- Update account address and phone. Insured/Borrower can facilitate ACH debit autopay online
- Account access for status and payment information
- Payments received by 7:00 p.m. CST credited same day
- Email Invoices/Notices to one or multiple contacts
Online Products – Agent/Broker Specific
- E-Note feature allows submission of premium finance agreement electronically
- Instant online availability to Notices and Reports
- Customize and view reporting based on Agency specific needs
- Online Quoting System to create new and additional premium finance agreements
- Return premium payments online
- Internal Marketing Team and Managers available to provide training for partners and their staff throughout the U.S.
- Renewal interface eliminates duplicate entry
- Same day loan funding available via ACH credit
- System enhancements continually under development to provide our partners and customers with access to the most current technology and services available
Exceptional Customer Service
- We listen and look for a reason to say “yes”
- Combined, AFS/IBEX has over 100 years of senior management experience in the premium finance industry
- AFS/IBEX has the experience and is committed to high levels of customer service
- Streamline communication between AFS/IBEX and the agent or insurance company/general agent via email or fax. Forms and statements can be emailed or faxed daily
- Creative solutions for even the most difficult situations
- Our IVR system easily provides access to account information from your touch tone phone 24 hours a day 7 days a week
If you are not currently an AFS/IBEX Agent/Broker and would like a Sales Manager to contact you, please Click Here. Partnering with us benefits you.